Dr. Stuart H. Bentkover, MD, FACS is a Princeton and Harvard educated Facial Plastic Surgeon who practices the full scope of Facial Plastic Surgery and laser surgery in his Worcester office. He has special expertise in Rhinoplasty, Revision (Secondary) Rhinoplasty, Face lifts, Mini Lifts, Facial Fillers, Various Laser Procedures, Skin Rejuvenation, Kybella®, Botox®, Xeomin®, and Dysport®. Rhinoplasty has been his passion since medical school and is the reason he went into Facial Plastic Surgery. Dr. Bentkover is equally as passionate about his Facial Rejuvenation work.
Originally from the Chicago area, Dr. Bentkover began practice in Central Massachusetts in 1979. He practices Facial Plastic Surgery in Worcester, Massachusetts, and participates in the Face to Face program of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Through this program he donates his time to consult and operate on the victims of domestic violence.
- Princeton University, AB Degree in Biochemistry, 1970
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, MD Degree, 1974
- Harvard Medical School, Residency in General Surgery, New England Deaconess Hospital, 1974-1976
- Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Residency in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery, 1976-1979
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- Harvard Medical School, Clinical Instructor
- UMass Medical School, Affiliate
- Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Founding member and Historian of the New England Facial Plastic Surgery Society
- Dr. Bentkover believes that technical skill, experience, art, innovation, the ability to listen, and compassion are the most important elements of an aesthetic practice.
- Dr. Bentkover is committed to the art and technical innovation necessary in all aspects of aesthetic medicine and surgery.
- Dr. Bentkover’s goal is always a natural and refreshed look.
Rhinoplasty and reconstructive nasal surgery are a passion for him and have been a major focus of his practice from the beginning. He has dedicated his career to innovation and refinement of techniques in primary and revision (secondary) rhinoplasty, airway improvement, and reconstruction for cancer patients. His goal is always a refined, natural looking nose.
Listen to Dr. Bentokover talk about Rhinoplasty:
Facial rejuvenation is also a passion. Similar to his nasal surgery, his goal in facial rejuvenation is a refined, sophisticated, natural look. Dr. Bentkover understands that each patient has different needs. To meet these needs he always strives to stay current in the latest and safest treatments. He personalizes each patient’s care with the prudent use of treatments that vary from ZO® Skin Care and non-invasive treatments like Botox®, Kybella®, Radiesse®, Restylane® and Juvéderm to Portrait PSR3 Plasma Skin Rejuvenation, various laser treatments, mini lifts, eyelid lifts, brow lifts, neck lifts, and full face lifts in and around the Boston area. While always striving to improve outcomes and the overall aesthetic treatment experience, he brings new techniques and technologies into his practice only after they have been proven to be clearly beneficial and cost effective for his patients.
Listen to Dr. Bentkover talk about Facial Rejuvenation:
With over 20 years experience in cosmetic laser surgery, Dr. Bentkover currently uses three different lasers and Portrait PSR3 Plasma Skin Rejuvenation in his practice to treat facial wrinkles and scars, facial veins (including “spider veins”), Port Wine stains, brown spots, and tattoos. He added tattoo removal in 2002, after many of his existing laser patients requested this increasingly popular treatment, establishing New England Tattoo Removal. He has a PicoSure® laser, which often cuts the number of tattoo removal in half.
Listen to Dr. Bentkover talk about Laser Treatments:
In addition, Dr. Bentkover is one of the most experienced New England surgeons in reconstruction for skin cancer of the face, head, and neck and is frequently invited to lecture to physicians and public groups. In addition to numerous private seminars in his practice each year, he has lectured at national and international meetings such as the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the World Congress on Rhinoplasty, the Rhinoplasty Society, the Seventh International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery, and the American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology, and the Vegas Cosmetic Surgery Seminar. He has also appeared several times on television and radio in Worcester, Fitchburg and Leominster, MA to discuss new innovations in cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Bentkover enjoys indoor cycle exercising (spinning), biking, model railroading and reading. He is the father of three and an accomplished trumpet player, having played since age seven. He especially enjoys big band jazz.